Thursday, October 15, 2009

Please note - it's OCTOBER 15

You are not dreaming (or nightmare-ing) that's really snow and it's STICKING!! I can hardly believe it. I actually don't mind snow, as long as they don't cancel school for the stuff. Anyway, apparently we are skipping fall this year and heading straight into winter. I'm glad y'all didn't choose this autumn to come leaf peeping.


Along with winter comes the need to heat. I was aware that rain (it's snow, not rain) was on the way and so the whole family pitched in and we've got a good stack inside ready for the weekend.


Samuel LOVES hauling wood. There was a brother in our ward who sent out an emailing asking for help with his wood and I almost sent Sam - he's that good. The kid doesn't get distracted and is distraught when the deed is done. In fact, he sneaks out of the house in order to run over to the wood pile to get more wood.


OH!! The torture!!

5 comments:

MaryBeth said...

Oh, I remember hauling wood as a kid and it was a fate worse than death. Maybe that's why I'll probably always live in Arizona...the thought of repeating that childhood chore makes me think about getting on medication.

Catherine Faux said...

2 Things: 1. That's crazy about the snow. Too soon, I think. 2. Congratulations to Joshua for becoming a wolf. Now he is like Leland (at least during full moons).

Robyn said...

I almost wish Al Gore was right about global warming...we could use some about now!
We should get a wood-burning stove, too...I want to have cool stories about hauling wood like you and Mother!

DeAnn said...

You didn't bring any snakes in did you? Snow?! No way. Stay warm.

Maddie said...

Your boys are getting so big!! And I can't believe it's snowing already! Stay warm!