Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Our bathroom

Over our Spring Break we refinished the boys' bathroom. It wasn't major, mostly it was a fresh coat of paint that worked wonders. This first picture is one of my favorites - Adam was cutting shelves for the laundry area. In order to avoid the loud noise and be safe, Andrew and Samuel would sit on the step and cover their ears during the cutting.

Now, the following pictures will either provide proof of our awesomeness as parents or our insanity. Either way, the boys LOVED helping.



Andrew was so proud of his ability to unscrew the light bulbs from the old fixture.


The Finished Product



So this laundry area use to be one wire shelf that was rusted, sagged and almost out of my reach (I know it's shocking that anything could be out of my reach). Now, I like doing laundry - almost.

3 comments:

Catherine Faux said...

Wow guys. That looks great!

Robyn said...

Looks awesome!
You're very brave to let the boys help, but I'm sure they love you for it. When DeAnn and I did her girls' room in their place in Indiana, we let Natalie help paint. She painted a giant smiley face that showed through even after we painted over it. :)

DeAnn said...

I love the new light fixture and the laundry shelves.