Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

I'm not sure if our version of Memorial Day was in keeping with any sort of tradition. We did manage to catch a few minutes of the parade on Main Street. They do a really great thing here in Rutland, that I want to make sure we participate in next year. Veterans from the town gather in each of the towns cemeteries (I think there are 4 of them, all within walking distance of each other) and perform a 21 Gun salute and various other things in memory of those who have passed on in the service of our nation.
Unfortunately, this year we have been plagued by sickness. It really could be worse, although don't mention that to Joshua or Andrew as they are the ones to truly be miserable. Plus, Adam is working nights, which means sleeping days (or at least trying to - we just weren't meant to be up all night or sleep during the day). Anyway, in an attempt to do something patriotic I made a Flag Cookie. It's really a fruit pizza, but of course, today it's a flag. I hope we are on the mend, and can put this ill health behind us. Also, thank you to everyone who has or is serving for our country.



3 comments:

DeAnn said...

That looks yummy! We worked in the yard, hung pictures, pretended that we are going to stay here and put down some roots. :) Then had a BBQ with some friends in the ward.

I think we'll be descending on you July 31-August 7.

Nancy said...

That looks good. What is the white part? Tell everyone hi. I miss you guys.

Adam Green said...

The white part is cream cheese, white grape juice and sugar - I'll send the recipe if you want.