Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It looks odd, but tastes great!

My parents have been here for two weeks and we canned chicken - twice. I'd never done it before and if you like canned chicken from the store this is FABULOUS (even if you don't like canned chicken from the store). Anyway, our chicken was obtained from several different stores and as you can see, you are what you eat. Apparently (so far as we can figure), the chickens on the left ate marigolds and it turns their flesh orange. I must say that if I'd seen chicken like this the first time it would have turned me off forever. However, the taste is the same and it's a great thing for food storage.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

It might make great chinese food...you know, orange chicken!

Robyn said...

I'm trying mine in chicken pot pie tonight!