Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

This post really will have nothing to do with Mother's Day, although I've had a wonderful day and hope the best to each of you. I'm mostly going to play catch up.

Joshua had an Invention Convention at school and really did a fabulous job. His mind amazes me sometimes. He invented a blind that blocks the light that comes in from the sides of traditional window blinds. When the assignment first came home I was so overwhelmed I almost cried (of course, that probably had something to do with also having a 2 day old baby and just getting home from the hospital). In the end it was okay and Joshua felt good about his project.

These next two pictures remind me once again how much I'm going to miss this preschool. Friday was Mother's Day at Small Steps Preschool. All the mothers were invited to school for a "night out" with their preschooler. We walked the red carpet and spent the day at preschool. We made some crafts together, played games and then had a snack. All the children dressed up as waiters and came out to take their mom's order. Then they returned with our order and we had snack together. There was a program where they sang some adorable songs and then we had the "Mom Awards." Each child got on stage and presented their mom an award for what they are best at. You'll all be pleased to know I'm the best cleaner :-).
Today, May 8, we blessed Eliza. I never tire of taking her picture. A friend of ours with a great camera took some family pictures today so hopefully you'll be seeing those soon.

I never stop trying to get her smile.




Here are the mom awards.


7 comments:

Robyn said...

Her hair looks curly! What an adorable girl--I can't wait to see her!
I'm glad you've had time in MA, and can leave with good memories:)

Catherine Faux said...

That Eliza is so adorable. You are a very good girl mom too. It is fun to think that She and Alice will be the same age and hopefully know each other well, especially since you will be a regular vacation destination once you move to Utah. Also, I think Joshua's invention is so sensible and I could use some of those blinds. Andrew is very handsome and you can tell him he can serve me a snack anytime. :) Lucy or Jack would definitely not give me the best cleaner award, sadly.

DeAnn said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that wants to cry at some assignments the kids bring home. :) Can't wait to see you in a few short weeks!!

Cristina said...

I am sure that will be the award my kids will give to me too! be proud of it:)

Annelise said...

Wow! Your family is so adorable and smart! I love Eliza's hair! I can't wait to see you guys really, really soon.

Alicia said...

She is so cute. I love her hair. The boys are getting so big.. I miss seeing them

Nancy said...

Itis so great to see everyone grow up. Eliza is so cute with that dark hair. Neat that you blessed her on Diane's birthday.