Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy Half Birthday, Andrew!

No, we don't celebrate half birthdays for everyone, just Andrew. His birthday is Dec 23 and we prefer to spread out the presents a bit. We still recognize the day but he only gets grandparent presents on that day. Anyway, after a 5:30am workout (that's right, that's REALLY early) I came home to a very eager Half Birthday Boy. He let me (Adam too) rest for a few minutes and then it was present time.

The traditional breakfast choice - Lucky Charms

We cleaned up Jacob's old bike last week and Andrew's been riding it ever since, but we made sure he knew that his bike was his main birthday present. By 7:30am we were at the park for our family bike ride. Everyone loved it and 7:30 is the time to be at the park to avoid all kinds of discomfort (like heat and humidity - although, I really can't complain, it's been beautiful!!).

This is my favorite part of the day. As Andrew rode around the track he sang at the top of his lungs. The words of his song were so appropriate (to a point) that I couldn't help but smile. He sang, "I feel so free that I could soar (that's the appropriate part) I'm not an egg anymore!!!" It's from a Backyardigans episode. Anyway, it was great.

Joshua - He finally admitted riding bikes is fun.

Sam is his own man - I don't think I have to worry about him following the crowd in future years. He has taken to removing his shoes no matter where we go, the grocery store, the park, the movie theater, church, you name it.


Andrew and Daddy



The rest of the day was filled with Toy Story 3 - fun movie - the book store and pizza for dinner. We came home and had an ice cream treat for his cake. Candles were placed in everyone's ice cream that wanted to blow (mostly Sam). All in all it was a great day.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

You guys are so fun. I want to come hang out!
Happy 1/2 birthday, Andrew!

Adam Green said...

Please do!

Nancy said...

What a great family! Can't wait to see you.